Indianapolis Car Transport Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions are an agreement between only the customer and his, her or its duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Consumer”) and Indianapolis Car Transport. And, these Terms and Conditions should be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders submitted to Indianapolis Car Transport by the owner(s) or agent(s) designated in the Customer Order Form.
Indianapolis Car Transport is a fully licensed and bonded Transport Management Company registered with the USDOT and is properly licensed and bonded. The Consumer acknowledges and agrees that Indianapolis Car Transport is hereby authorized to arrange shipment from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified in the Carrier Order Form.
The Consumer agrees and understands that Indianapolis Car Transport is a registered transportation and property broker. As such, Indianapolis Car Transport is only acting in the capacity of a broker. In addition, the Consumer also allows Indianapolis Car Transport to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereafter referred to as “Carrier”), to ship the vehicle(s) defined within the shipping order.
In addition, the Consumer understands and agrees to the following terms by continuing with the transaction. In addition, the Consumer waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions and will not hold Indianapolis Car Transport responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of Indianapolis Car Transport’s terms and conditions.
Locations: Pickup and Delivery
1. The Carrier (as assigned by Indianapolis Car Transport) is authorized to transport the Consumer’s motor vehicle(s) between the designated pickup and destination locations. These locations are set forth in the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
2. The arranged Carrier will pick up and deliver the Consumer’s vehicle(s) as close to the Consumer’s requested locations as possible, according to safety concerns and legalities. If necessary due to any unsafe conditions (such as low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.) or legal concerns (such as restricted areas, etc.), then a new location will be agreed upon with the Consumer and Carrier.
3. Delays can occur prior to and/or during shipment due to any unforeseen conditions. This may include weather issues, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. For this reason, there are absolutely no guarantees for pickup or delivery times and dates. Indianapolis Car Transport will provide the Consumer with an estimated, but not officially guaranteed, date for delivery and pickup.
4. Indianapolis Car Transport will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind or for any reason (i.e. Consumer’s car rental fees or any accommodation fees). In addition, Indianapolis Car Transport cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Consumer’s vehicle.
5. The Consumer is responsible for preparing the vehicle for shipment. To do so, the Consumer must remove and/or secure any loose parts (such as any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) Also, the Consumer must remove any outside mounted storage or racks. Essentially, anything that is not permanently attached must be removed before the shipment. In addition, the Consumer must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they must then provide instructions for the Carrier to do so. The Carrier is authorized to silence the alarm by any means in the event that said alarm sounds and they have no keys or instructions to turn it off.
6. Consumers must present all vehicles to the Carrier in good running condition, unless otherwise noted in the order or discussed with Indianapolis Car Transport. In addition, if any part of the vehicle falls off during the shipping process, it is the responsibility of the Consumer, not the Carrier (this also includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved).
7. The Consumer may leave some personal property within the vehicle to be transported. The Consumer must take note, however, that if the luggage exceeds 100 lbs., they will need to discuss the transport of the luggage directly with the Carrier. Both the Carrier and Indianapolis Car Transport are not liable for any personal items left within the vehicle. These parties are also not liable for any damages caused to vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of personal items.
8. The Carrier will not transport any dangerous or harmful personal property in the Consumer’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, ammunition, firearms, flammable materials, narcotics, negotiable or legal papers, alcoholic beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, or any other items considered illegal or dangerous. And, the Consumer agrees that Indianapolis Car Transport or the Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. If this occurs, no compensation will be given to the Consumer. In addition, both the Carrier and Indianapolis Car Transport will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Consumer wishes to place any items in the vehicle, it is at the Consumer’s own risk.
9. Indianapolis Car Transport provides vehicle shipping services to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico by the use of vessels. Therefore, for any orders involving Ocean Transport, the Consumer must completely empty vehicle(s) of everything except for factory-installed equipment. Contact our Ocean Freight Specialist directly.
10. If the vehicle on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (i.e. dual or oversized wheels, racks, extra-large, lifted, limo, etc.), the Consumer must inquire about possible extra charges.
Damages and Insurance
11. Both the Consumer and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Consumer must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Consumer must sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
12. Then, at the time the vehicle is delivered, the Consumer, with the Carrier present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Carrier and Consumer must both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. After, the Consumer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
13. If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the designated place. Then, the Consumer must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Consumer signs both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that means that the Consumer has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in a satisfying condition. This also verifies that the Carrier no longer is responsible or liable for anything involving the Consumer’s vehicle.
14. All responsibility is given to the Carrier after signing the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. Indianapolis Car Transport will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Consumer upon request. However, the Consumer agrees that Indianapolis Car Transport is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Consumer’s vehicle. The liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. However, Indianapolis Car Transport nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. damage from storms) or any damages that occur due to worn/broken parts of the vehicle or added personal property.
15. In addition, the Consumer also agrees and understands that Indianapolis Car Transport is only responsible for acquiring a Carrier for the shipment of the Consumer’s vehicle/property. Thus, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the first inspection is completed and the Consumer signs the Bill of Lading. After the vehicle is delivered, the final inspection is completed, and the Consumer signs the Bill of Lading, the Carrier is no longer responsible.
16. If the Consumer is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must select another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Consumer understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
Payment Methods and Terms and Conditions
17. Once Indianapolis Car Transport has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Consumer’s shipping order, Indianapolis Car Transport will notify the Consumer based on the contact information given during the booking process. For all orders placed through Indianapolis Car Transport, a small portion of the payment is required after pickup of the vehicle. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to factors of the shipment. This includes variable such as the type and condition of the vehicle; the type of shipment requested; and the distance of the shipment (according to the pickup and drop off locations).
18. Indianapolis Car Transport’s services are considered rendered once a Carrier is assigned to an order and begins travel to the pickup location. Therefore, the small deposit fee charged upon the pickup is considered the payment for services already rendered. For this reason, the deposit is nonrefundable. By accepting the order form, you authorize us to charge the non-refundable deposit. At the time of delivery, the remainder of the payments are due to the Carrier.
19. It is responsibility of the Consumer to provide the full payment owed when the Carrier delivers the vehicle. At that time, all payments to the Carrier must be made in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money order. Before the delivery, business checks, credit or debit card payments should be discussed and agreed upon between the Consumer and the Carrier. It is also important to note that funds must be made payable to the delivering Carrier and not to Indianapolis Car Transport.
20. If the Consumer is unable to make the payment by these means, the Consumer understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at the Consumer’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Consumer pays all transport charges in full. In addition, if the Consumer (or the Consumer’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Consumer.
21. In addition, the Consumer agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to Indianapolis Car Transport or the Carrier in full. This means that the Consumer agrees to not attempt to dispute the payment for any reason (such as damage claims, delays, or other unforeseen circumstances). If the Consumer has an issue in relation to these situations, they must note them on the Bill of Lading. Then, the Consumer should file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. However, this is a separate matter than the payment for the shipment.
22. According to this agreement, Indianapolis Car Transport is relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims, demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). Indianapolis Car Transport is not responsible no matter if these are brought by an individual or another entity and then imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions, or willful misconduct of Indianapolis Car Transport or the Carrier (or any personnel, agents, or connected parties).This includes, without limitation, the payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in addition to any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
23. Any shipment booked by the Consumer through Indianapolis Car Transport is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading. In addition, these terms shall override all previous written or oral communication between Indianapolis Car Transport and the Consumer. Once a Consumer books the services of Indianapolis Car Transport, they have agreed to all of the above terms. The Consumer warrants that they have read this agreement in its entirety and accepts the terms.
24. The Consumer has the option to cancel a transportation order 24 hours before the pick-up date with NO CANCELLATION FEE. However, if the Consumer decides to cancel their order, they must contact their shipping coordinator or another member of Indianapolis Car Transport by phone or email as soon as possible. After 24 hours, cancellation is charged with the deposit.
25. In pursuing services, the Consumer also agrees that Indianapolis Car Transport has the right to reject or cancel any order at any time, for any reason.